Building Resilience in Psychological First Aid
In a world filled with constant challenges, Psychological First Aid is your compass, guiding you to a place of strength and resilience. It all starts with caring for yourself—nurturing your thoughts, feelings, and emotions—so you can be a pillar of support for your loved ones when they face adversity.
Get training in Psychological First Aid and learn how to anticipate stress whenever possible and equip yourself with the skill set to practice self-care and to provide care for others during times of stress, crisis or trauma.
Your PFA Journey Starts with two courses: Self-Care and Caring for Others
Embark on a transformative journey with our two online trainings: Self-Care and Caring for Others. Complete both courses for a well-rounded approach to psychological first aid and wellness.
A unique approach: Unlike mental health first aid, which trains people to help someone during a mental health emergency, Red Cross Psychological First Aid teaches you how to build resiliency to stress and establish coping strategies.
In these courses you’ll learn:
• How to anticipate stress and crisis whenever possible.
• The effects of stress, loss, trauma, and grief.
• How to build and use a personal self-care plan.
• The skillset to practice self-care and to provide care for others during difficult times.
• How to access the various specialized supports that are available to anyone experiencing distress.